Saturday, October 6, 2012

Room by Room: The Hallway



I took the glass and backing out of these photo frames and painted them black. I have black and white paint on hand to transform bits and pieces that I find around the place.
Three assorted door knobs have been drilled into the timber panel for the frames to hang.

I picked up some very old lace from a garage sale and used it in my art work. I used tacks along the outside to help the lace stay in place.


These quirky little faces hanging above the door are originals from Dad's statue manufacturing business. Love them- so quirky.


I like to leave the front door open to see our frangapani trees. The pink and green lead light is very special- It's original old glass.


I also like the pattern on this upper glass panel.

A great decorative element to our house- the archway in the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment