Monday, November 26, 2012

Room by Room: The lounge room.


I've been painting again. This time the gold mirror is transformed with black acrylic paint, I go through many a tube of black paint. Three of my rust canvas painting hang beside the mirror.

A display of favourite things on the antique side board.
A hand made wooden box, that I painted white and inserted a photograph on the top.
A sperm whale tooth that was given to me as a child while holidaying near Broome. A leather journal and one of my nest paintings.


If every you find a timber caddy like this grab it they are so handy. I use this one to keep a few holiday treasures safe.


My Indian rug in black sets the scene for my black, white and timber themed room.



I found the black wrought iron magazine rack at an antique shop in Strathalbyn.


This image show the picture rail I had installed and the curtains I had made by the very talented Elisabeth Wood who also made my  silk wedding dress.

The fireplace is filled with boab nuts found on a childhood holiday.

I love the Chinese timber cupboard and the two white metal vessels that are a retro find from a flea market and they are made in Melbourne, which I think s pretty cool.

I found these old glass poison bottles at a garage sale and looove them.

No comments:

Post a Comment